The purpose Hospitals and Institutions Committee is to provide A.A. meetings and A.A. Conference Approved Literature for patients confined in various Hospitals and Institutions in Rockland County.
How to get involved:
- Group: The local Home Group can elect a Hospital’s and Institutions Representative to attend our monthly meeting to help discuss and execute this vital 12th step work. This representative books meetings for your Group in a variety of Hospitals and Institutions. This will give your group members the opportunity to share their experience, strength and hope to the still suffering Alcoholics confined in Hospitals and Institutions. (The time criteria for this commitment is One Year of sobriety)
- Individual A.A. members: Backup speakers A.A. members from all over Rockland County are invited to put themselves on the Hospitals and Institutions (H&I) backup speakers 12th step list acting as backup speakers to assist the Hospital’s and Institutions Chairperson for Rockland county. (The time criteria for this commitment is 90 Days or more of sobriety)
- Hospitals and institutions meeting chairpersons: The Hospitals & Institutions Committee invite individual AA Members to become an H&I Chairperson. This Chairperson attends and leads a meeting, once a week, for a one year period. (The time criteria for this commitment is One Year of sobriety)
- Criteria for speakers at Good Samaratin Hospital – 90 days or more and have not been a patient.
- Criteria for speakers at Nyack Hospital – 6 months or more and have not been a patient in 60 months.
For more information, use the contact form below or send a group member to the Institutions Committee meeting. The Committee meets at St Stephen’s Episcopal Church at 7:30 pm on the first Tuesday of March, June, September, and December.